Thursday, February 8, 2007

Today could have been categorized as monotonous. Corinne woke up with a runny nose and we stayed inside because it was cold. Anna slept at her regular nap times and I did the dishes, read books to the girls, and tried to come up with healthy things for Corinne to eat. Nobody really called with any news and I didn't have any news to call anyone about. To joe-shmoe on the street it would probably seem so dull. The truth is, I woke up with John at 5:30 as usual, drank coffee and we had our devotions. It was absolutely wonderful! I got to read a great portion of Scripture, an incredible quote by Tozer enveloped in a chapter of my book about worship, and then got to pray for a bazillion people and things that have been on my mind. My monotone day was somehow glorifying to God because it was lived for Him and (only by His grace) done with a joyful spirit. I'm ever so thankful that I can absorb these days that for some would be colorless because it is what God has set before me to do. For all of us mothers out there who change diapers and wipe snot (there was surely a lot in this household today), let's be zealous in our tasks and purposefully praise the God of the universe for giving us one of the most important ministries in the entire world. Every day our attitudes and choices are seen by our families, and our children are learning how to respond to life by what they see. I think that if we take one day at a time and give each one to God then they will begin to string together into a legacy of faithfulness and perseverance.

No comments: